Why should I go to Prenatal Yoga?
written by Lisa Kanpik
In prenatal yoga classes you will learn to tune into your breath, learning ways to move that will help ease common discomforts and pains you may experience during pregnancy.
You will learn to connect to and trust your body by learning a strong mind body connection while we strengthen into the muscles used during labor and childbirth. Prenatal yoga helps to open up space in your body for baby to grow into, helping baby to move into an ideal position.
You have the opportunity to connect with others on the same journey, building new friendships and finding a supporting community.
Prenatal yoga helps create a calm environment, helping mamas go into their labors relaxed.
Yoga Studio Calgary
Some benefits of prenatal include:
- Improved sleep
- reduced stress and anxiety
- increase the strength, flexibility and stamina of muscles needed for childbirth
- decrease lower back pain, nausea, carpal tunnel syndrome symptoms, headache and shortness of breath
- connect to your body and build self trust, connect with your baby
- pelvic stability, pelvic floor awareness, learning to move in healthy and healing ways
- improve balance
- calm the nervous system
- And so many more!
Discover more the benefits of practicing yoga. Join us now!